Saturday 8 March 2014

THE NEW SLEEK

All the men that I know in my life are into cars. I was born in a family dominant by boys that most of our discussions and conversations over lunch or dinner meant having to hear about the power of engine, new cars and new technologies incorporated into new cars. I grew up with my dad who loves cars so much that every spare time that we have were meant for speed drives or 'jalan-jalan pusing taman' with him. Then my second brother is obsessed with cars that he would make sure he gets a copy of each Motorsport issue so that he car start dreaming and drooling over the cars in the magazine.

I have to admit i do not know a lot about cars but I really have a team of so-called 'experts' of cars (dont tell my brothers, they will start bragging about it to others =p) that are always ready to answer anything about cars, even the silliest question! They find it interesting & fun! Men! Boring! =P

So now that I am married, i can't seem to escape from discussing about cars in my life. Haha. Great! Don't get me wrong here, i loveeee cars too! The thing is I have a little knowledge when it comes to the technology that a particular car carries. So recently, my husband told me that he wanted to get a new car in two years time and was asking me what kind of car that I want..Ehems if that was your question honey, my answer would be The Range Rover Evoque. Then he asked me what do I know about The Evoque? I went err...I know that Victoria Beckham(VB) collaborated with Range Rover to design the car that represent both the celebrity and the company's image. My husband gave me that is-that-all-you-know look and told me to do my study and research on the car. Not that he's going to buy the car for me tomorrow or anytime soon though >____<

So I did my study on the car. The Evoque is a compact luxury crossover SUV produced by the British manufacturer Land Rover, part of Tata's Jaguar Land Rover Group. The Evoque has been produced since July 2011 in three and five-door versions, with both two wheel and four-wheel drive. It is designed to appeal to urban buyers and meet requirements for lower carbon dioxide emissions and fuel economy. 

The Evoque was developed from the LRX concept vehicle with the goal of producing a smaller more environmentally conscious vehicle. The size of the LRX complemented a wide array of efficiency improving technologies in the form of Land Rover’s e_Terrain technologies. These included biofuel compatibility, lightweight construction materials and technologies such as the removable carbon composite roof panels, regenerative brakes, a stop-start system, and the ERAD (electric rear axle drive) parallel hybrid power train system.


Specifications

The car departs from the classic body on frame design used in the 20th century for vehicles designed for off road use. Instead the Evoque features a more modern unibody construction technique for improved handling and ride quality, and to appeal to buyers who drive primarily on road. Despite a lack of traditional body on frame construction and dedicated transfer case, the Evoque is still capable of class leading off road performance.

Models

The car was launched as two distinct models: the five-door Evoque and the three-door Evoque CoupĂ©. The five-door model is available in three trim levels — "Pure", "Prestige" and "Dynamic". While the "Evoque Coupè" is only available in two trim levels — "Pure" and "Dynamic". Land Rover markets the Pure as the minimalist version rather than the "base model" while the Prestige adds luxury options and the Dynamic focuses more on performance. 

Interior
The cabin is intended to be upscale and luxurious in line with the rest of the Range Rover brand. More notable options are a cabin length fixed sunroof and a 8–inch touch screen entertainment system that can display two different images simultaneously to both the driver and front passenger, the same system used in other Range Rover and Land Rover models. As well as mood lighting, in colours such as red, and blue, located in the door sills, handles, and other nooks and crannies of the Evoque. The Evoque also has a push button start system, which will start the vehicle automatically, once the key fob is sensed. The cabin seats four, with optional heated seating, steering wheel, and windscreen wipers. There is also a 5–inch driver's information display, which displays information about the vehicle, and more. There are 12 interior colour choices available in a variety of wood and metal trims as well as three optional contrasting roof treatments.

Engine (which I don't understand most but I thought some of you would!) 
Three engine options are available for the Evoque: two 2.2-litre turbodiesels producing either 148 bhp  or 187 bhp, and a 2-litre 237 bhp  turbocharged petrol engine. The 2-litre turbo charged engine is sourced from the Ford Ecoboost also being used in the Ford Edge, Ford Explorer, and VolvoS60. Small displacement high output engine choices were made to provide the Evoque adequate power while meeting increasing fuel economy requirements. 

Safety
The European New Car Assessment Programme (Euro NCAP) awarded the Evoque a five–star car safety rating, earning the following ratings for each criterion. The tested model was a right-hand drive, five-door with a 2.2 diesel engine registered in 2011:
Euro NCAP test results
Range Rover Evoque (2012)
TestPoints%
Overall:5 /5 stars
Adult occupant:3186%
Child occupant:3775%
Pedestrian:1541%
Safety assist:686%
(Ratings taken from Google)                    
                   
When i showed my husband this, I immediately said 

"When can we test drive it?" 

 "Didn't I tell you in 2 years time?" he replied.

*cricket sounds*  

"Dear time, please fly fast!" I said out loud

"What makes you so sure that I'm getting the car for you" he giggles.

T_________________T

Fine! Let's just enjoy the photos guys! *still hoping he would get the car for me. LOL*


Sexy right? Drool...

Eventhough it looks sporty, it also serves practicality

It's definitely a head-turner for me! 

There's just something so chic about the car *imagine myself driving the car* Who doesn't want a Range Rover?!!

This would be the ultimate 'bestfriend' for any women. Sighhh..

Oh my God..the lush leather interior is just too sexy. Just look at that <3

(Pictures taken from Google)





No comments:

Post a Comment